Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Zollie Hill


Zollie today
I swear, I would have recognized her on the street

           Right around thanksgiving of 1962 I started dating Zollie Hill. Zollie was one of the first girls that really showed me what the kind of girl was that I should have been looking for. She was cute to be sure, but she was also wholesome and funny and fun to be with. 

          We went to a few school dances together and we went to a few Aardvark dances together. One of my favorite times with her was when we had a costume ball at Westbury High School. I went as a gangster and Zollie went as my moll. My outfit was pretty lame because it was made up of what ever I could find in the house. Fortunately I did have a dark shirt and a white tie AND A HAT, so I could have looked a lot worse.

          But Zollie looked super. Wherever she got that dress, it was perfect. It was white with tassels and fringe all over it and with the white feathered hat she wore she looked just like a flapper.

          If they had given away prizes that night I know we would have won first place - mostly thanks to Zollie.
 
          I really liked Zollie a lot, a whole lot, but that was my problem. At seventeen I was always afraid I would mess up with the girls I really liked, so I never got very amorous with them. I suppose that doesn’t say very much for the ones I really made out with, but that really is the way it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment